Maui On My Mind
Well, a year ago on Sunday I might have gotten married, but a year ago at this time, I was in Maui.
I really really really wish that I was there right now, but I suppose that I’ll just have to sip on a Grass Skirt, close my eyes, and pretend I’m there instead.
I’ll open my eyes to finish typing though, of course.
Back to reality…
Last night’s dinner was really good. Really good. And it was also easy. Really easy.
We had Soba Noodle Salad with Seared Tuna.
Soba Noodle Salad with Seared Tuna
(Modified slightly from here)
Ingredients (for about 3-4 servings)
* 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles (I used Eden Organic)
* Cooking spray
* 1 (1-pound) sushi-grade tuna steak
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
* 1 cup shredded carrot
* 1/2 cup shelled edamame
* 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
* 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon peanut oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
* 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Cook noodles in boiling water for about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and set aside. Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of tuna with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place tuna in pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side (less if you want it on the rarer side). Transfer to a platter; cool slightly. Cut tuna up into 1-inch pieces. Combine noodles, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, edamame and remaining ingredients except sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss well to combine. Arrange 1 cup noodle mixture onto each plate. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and tuna pieces.
Michael and I both loved this, and I’m positive that this will be on our dinner rotation from now on.
If I have to be back in reality, at least I’m eating well.
What was the best vacation you’ve ever had? Maui was most definitely my favorite (although I am really excited about Cabo!).
Now I am going to sip my Grass Skirt and daydream of vacation…
Have a great day!