Aloe Vera Juice
I hope that you’re having a great day so far. I’m sure that you’re smiling for the weekend. 🙂
This morning, I had my breakfast (Puffins cereal is still my number one) and then followed it up with a glass of aloe juice. Yes, I said aloe juice.
Most of us have gotten a painful sunburn at some point or another, and we’ve turned to aloe gel to soothe the burn.
Well, until a few months ago, I never imagined that I’d be drinking the juice from an aloe plant. Michael came down with some weird pine nut poisoning, and after much research through Mr. Google, we discovered that aloe vera juice could help to alleviate the nasty metallic taste he had in his mouth.
I picked up a bottle from Earth Fare and took it home to do a taste test before I poured up a glass for Michael.
There were little thingies floating in it, so I was very skeptical. I closed my eyes, took a sip, and…I was pleasantly surprised!
Michael even liked it despite the floaters (ok, that doesn’t really sound right…).
Even now that Michael doesn’t technically need to drink the juice anymore, we still keep it in the house. Both of us feel so refreshed after we drink it. Plus, the health benefits of this stuff rock:
- Detoxifies the body and cleanses the colon
- Detoxifies the blood stream
- Helps to heal ulcers
- Helps the digestive tract work smoothly
- Improves circulation
- Helps to prevent illness through its antibacterial properties
- Results in a feeling of energy and health when taken regularly
- Supports skin regeneration
- Good source of calcium, sodium, iron, potassium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, copper, and zinc
- Loaded with vitamins including vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid and Niacin
- Supports joint function and muscle mobility
- Hydrates the skin
Have you ever tried aloe vera juice? If so, what is your favorite brand? Mine is Alodrink. I’ve tried other brands, including one from Trader Joe’s, and I was not a fan. They tasted like toxic chemicals (or what I’d imagine them to taste like). Point is that you might have to try a few brands before finding “the one” that makes your heart go all aflutter.
Have a very happy Friday!!!