Erin Go Bragh
When your name is Erin, it is kind of mandatory to recognize St. Patrick’s Day. In fact, if you don’t, little leprechauns come and haul you away to jail.
Since I am a law abiding citizen (and have a fear of leprechauns), I’m going to focus on all things green today.
First up, my favorite green foods from my recipes page.
Also in the spirit of St. Patty’s Day, here are some tips on how to incorporate more greens into your diet.
- Make your own juice at home or visit a juice bar. All sorts of yummy concoctions can be made involving celery, cucumber, parsley, kale, and spinach.
- Drink green smoothies. I’m a huge fan of these things and drink one nearly everyday. I love using kale and spinach. If you haven’t tried one yet, I can assure you that they taste better than they look.
- Have greens at breakfast. I love sneaking them into omelets or adding them to breakfast sandwiches.
- Add them to your pasta dishes. Spinach and pasta go together like peas and carrots.
- Snack on kale chips, celery, or cucumber slices. I love dipping them in salsa or hummus.
- Ask for a salad or veggies as your sides when you order out in restaurants and try to incorporate a vegetable at dinner. Six times out of seven, Michael and I have something green with our evening meal.
See? It’s easy being green!
What are your favorite green foods?
Any plans for St. Patrick’s Day? We don’t have any big plans, but I’m sure there will be some beer consumption happening this evening.
Are you wearing green today? I put on a green cardigan this morning totally by coincidence. Guess it was meant to be!
Have a great green day!